
We have been so lonely since we lost Henri last November. Today Mary and Beth called me from their friend's place who run Pet Rescue and insisted that I come down to meet a sweet dog named Andy. He was part Lhassa Apso. There was no connection there, but... there was this miniature poodle that caught my eye. She had been dropped off about a week ago by owners that were down sizing to an apartment and couldn't keep her. She is 2-3 years old and stands 16" at the shoulder. They have never trained her in any way but she is a doll. She loved all the grand kids and showed no fear or malice. I left and later brought back Superman. She went straight to him and that sealed the deal. We took her by our groomer who used to raise miniatures and got her seal of approval plus a grooming date next week. She will trim up her messy muzzle and ears. She sees the vet Monday afternoon.
She is quite the character. So far we haven't heard her bark. But she leaps and dances and spins. She comes when we call. She loves the car and puts her head out the window with a big grin. She uses the outside properly. She loves her dog food and sat still when we put her new purple collar on her. She loved her bath and sat patiently while Gar cleaned out her gookie eyes. I invited her to jump on the chair for a picture but she wouldn't go there. Perhaps she HAS been trained to stay off furniture. She does jump up promptly when I pat my lap.
I think Sophie will be a blessing. Us for her and her for us. Life is good. Thank you Mary and Beth.
Friday, May 8, 2009
INTRODUCING . . . MISS SOPHIE !
Posted by Sheila at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
welcome miss sophie! so glad to see/read that you guys decided to get a new roomie. you guys need one. and not to mention she looks a little like rosie. i hope you enjoy her and that she bring a bit of happiness to you and garry. have a wonderful weekend. i miss you guys... love ya!
Rosie and Henri have been reincarnated into one dog!!! We can't wait to meet her!
Tim
She is absolutely DARLING! I'm so happy for you! Tim got it right...she IS a mixture of Rosie and Henri! I can't wait to meet Miss Sophie! Love you guys!
Post a Comment