Today was a busy day. Julie and I went to the temple this morning. It was a full session for a Thursday morning; then on to the church book store. Several birthdays are coming up and who doesn't want a book? My favorite thing to get. There is a new Taco Time nearby. They have a sweet pork burrito with rice and black beans, that is enough for 2 and delicious. I recommend it if you have to have fast food. The next few hours were spent running errands and then back home.
Ry, his dad, and Preston went to the high school wrestling match tonight, so Hailey thought she NEEDED SOME WHERE TO GO! Where better than to Monna's house. Papa was to high council. Soooooooo
ooooooo we opened a brand new box of orange sticks..... Tanner ate 4..... we read "There was an Old Lady that Swallowed a Fly", and then we spent some time frolicking on lamby. I must have a picture of every grandchild on lamby. She had a bath after Christmas and was ready to rock and roll, bless her heart.
I was instant messaging with Andy tonight and told him how having a blog has made me think my life looked very ordinary, but that was ok. He said no life was ordinary. I've
been thinking about that and he's absolutely right. Every 
life is unique. Most folks find some kind of peace and
contentment. Some don't. I think that peace and contentment comes from being loved and learning how to love. Surrounding ourselves with meaningful relationships brings happiness that makes us less and less ordinary. Perhaps that is because we learn tolerance by being tolerant. We learn patience by being patient. We learn compassion by being compassionate.
I love my unique life tonight because I was the "somewhere to go" for my sweet, sweet, grand kids. I love my life tonight because I had a friend to spend a day with. And I love my life tonight because I'm "GOOD" tired at the end of an un-ordinary day.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Posted by Sheila at 8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment